Simply Beads Newsletter
|Product News &
Design by Terry Ricioli
- 10 (8 x 11mm) brown marbleized glass beads
- 22 (5 x 3mm) wooden spacers
- 2 (35mm) round wooden hoops with 3-into-1 holes
- 2 copper fishhook ear wires
- 68 inches beige nylon beading cord
- Bead reamer (optional)
4 inches long
Project notes: If needed, use a bead reamer to clean out holes in wooden beads. Use overhand knots to knot cord.
- Cut two 10-inch and six 8-inch lengths of beading cord.
- Thread a 10-inch piece of cord through loop on ear wire and center it. Knot cord below loop. Hold both ends of cord together and string a glass bead.
- Separate cord ends and thread both through single hole at top of a wooden hoop inserting cord ends in opposite directions.
- Hold cord ends together inside wooden hoop and string another glass bead, centering bead inside hoop. Tie a knot underneath bead.
- String two wooden spacers on one cord end; string one wooden spacer on other cord end. Tie knots after spacers, leaving space on cords. Tie more knots as needed to secure beads. Trim cord ends to 1/4–1/2 inch.
- Thread an 8-inch piece of cord through large center hole of hoop and center it. Pass cord ends in opposite directions through lower right hole. Pass both ends through large center hole and back through lower right hole again. Knot cord below hole making sure cord lies straight and does not cross over itself.
- On one cord end, string a wooden spacer about 1 inch below hoop and tie a knot. Tie another if needed. Trim cord end as before.
- On other cord end, string one wooden spacer and one glass bead. Tie a knot below beads, leaving some cord showing. Knot again if needed and trim cord as before.
- Repeat steps 6–8 on lower left hole of wooden hoop.
- Repeat step 6 to attach an 8-inch length of cord to lower center hole of wooden hoop.
- On one cord end, string a wooden spacer; tie a knot. String another wooden spacer and tie a knot. Trim cord as before.
- On other cord end, string a wooden spacer, glass bead and a wooden spacer. Tie a knot below bead and trim cord as before.
- Repeat steps 2–12 for second earring.
Sources: Wooden hoops, glass beads and wooden spacers from Cousin Corp. of America; C-Lon® beading cord from Caravan Beads Inc.
Copyright© February 2009 SimplyBeads magazine. All rights reserved.